Wednesday 2 January 2008

Wallpaper hell

So, I might have mentioned that the guy who lived here before had 'interesting' taste, but I don't think I can have properly conveyed my annoyance with the levels of wallpaper that plague the walls.



The patterns very conveniently cover it all up, but once painted white, you begin to see that the surface is flecked with bumps of wallpaper that he failed to properly remove. Not just near the ceiling, which is where the wallpaper is in the rest of the room, but all around the fireplace. How annoying...


There are also areas of totally uneven wall. How did they get this way? I did the undercoat on the wall by the fireplace today and now realise just how uneven it is. What should I do? I think all of the wallpaper is now off, but I'm really not sure what to do about the uneveness. I think it might require plastering. Is DIY plastering ever a good idea? Probably not... I think I might need to start investigating the builder situation...



Despite the bumpy wall, the room is starting to look a lot lighter now that that wall is white!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its not 'bumpy'... it just has character!